Monday, February 25, 2008

Storyville Makes Maiden Voyage!


Finally - I got to sail our new boat. I know, I know - it's about time. We took her out Sunday. What a beautiful day. We could have used a little more wind, but I'm not complaining. The sun was shining and it felt great to be out on the water. We raised all the sails and enjoyed the time out on the water.



Our friends John and Sheryl on s/v buddha went with us. John is a little crazy and here is my evidence of that: He's halfway up his mast while under sail! I can't wait to see the pictures that he took of us. I'll be sure to post those soon. Here's a link to some pictures of buddha under sail: http://imageevent.com/deanaj/svbuddha



We're really looking forward to our party this Saturday. Hope everyone is planning to come and help us give Storyville her official name. I am just praying right now that the weather is nice for us. I am obsessing just a little because the forecast is showing 30% chance of rain.



Even Harley enjoyed catching some rays.




We have laugh'd to see the sails conceive and grow big-bellied with the wanton wind!
A Midsummer Night's Dream - William Shakespeare

No comments: