Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Latest


Amy, Stacey and Zada (my sister and nieces)
Preparations are still underway.  We keep thinking we are down to the last few things but the list keeps growning.  I think it's just like anything else in life, one day soon we will just have to declare Storyville (and us) ready to go.  If we stay here until everything is just right then we will be in Kemah for the rest of our lives.  We are still hoping to leave sometime after the 15th of December, however, I am worried about my mom.  Her health is not improving and I believe that we will be looking at another hospital stay soon.  We are planning to be ready to go and we will just have to see how the situation with mom works out. 

Stacey, Ronda and Deana
We had a great Thanksgiving weekend.  We spent Thanksgiving day in Conroe at my mom's house.  It was great to see everyone, but a little sad too because we know that we will be sailing away soon.  I sure will miss my daughters and nieces and grand kids.  So far, that is the hardest part of leaving.



Lisa and Johnnie (my Aunts)

Ethan, Kayla and Shawn







Kayla Joe with JJ
The rest of the weekend was spent at Double Bayou with some of our sailing friends.  We had a great weekend with campfires, good company and good food on the bank of the bayou.  It's one of our favorite places to be.  What more can you ask for?

A great view of the boats on the banks of Double Bayou

You don't want to get to the end of life's journey and discover you never left the interstate.  ~Robert Brault

2 comments:

TeriBug said...

Keep us posted on your trip, I know that I will be looking forward to your blog updates!

Jamie said...

Very nice blog! Looking forward to reading about your adventures!