Monday, November 5, 2012

We've Made Our Decision

We got our motorcycle sold, but we're sad to see it go
We've looked at all of our weather sources and we've decided that we have a 48 hour window starting Wednesday morning to make it all the way to Boqueron, Puerto Rico.  Since we will be heading east, and the trade winds normally blow from the east, we won't be able to sail much and so we are looking for conditions without much wind and wave, plus, we want what wind and waves there are not to be from the north because that would put us on a lee shore all the way down the coast of the Dominican Republic.

So, we are just finishing up our last minute preparations and we will check out of the Dominican Republic tomorrow.  It's a hard thing to say goodbye to all the great friends that we've made here.  Especially because we don't know when, or if, we will ever see them again.  Ah well, I guess that's the life of a cruiser.

Be sure to check in on our location by clicking the "Where is Storyville" button on the right side of this page. We should be at sea Wednesday and Thursday.  If all goes as planned we hope to arrive in Boqueron on Friday morning.

This will be our route from Luperon to Boqueron - #14 is the middle of the Mona Passage

This is the waves for the Mona Passage on Thursday when we will be there (0.5 to 1 meter , perfect)

This is the wind for the Mona Passage on Thursday (0 to 5, perfect).
 Everything looks good, we are ready and so is Storyville.  We're really looking forward to the holidays and to moving on to some beautiful, blue water!

No comments: