Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Overdue Update


I know, I know. It's been way too long. Everyone who normally reads our blog has probably given up on ever seeing anything different! Really, no news is good news - so they say, whoever "they" are! We are doing great. Troy is feeling better and stronger every day. He still has issues with eating and dumping syndrome, but that is to be expected. He went back to work last week! That was a milestone for us, especially for Troy. He says it felt good to get back to work.

Check out the article I wrote for an online news paper with news about boating around the Galveston/Clear Lake Area. I think it's on page 7 on - http://www.waterfrontbeatonline.com/ - Byron is doing a great job keeping us educated and informed with The Water Front Beat!

We had a great Thanksgiving with my family. We didn't get to sail to Double Bayou for the annual French Picnic because the weather was really cold and windy, not to mention rainy. A few brave souls did make the trip and we hear that they had a great time. I hate that we missed out, but we sure were warm and cozy!

Troy has his PET Scan next week and we are a little nervous about that. I try not to worry and I am usually successful in that endeavour, but when it's time for the actual testing I just can't help but to worry a little more. After we get the "all clear" that we expect, we will be happy for another 3 months or so until the next test.

Check our our video of John's boat s/v Buddha sailing over to Double Bayou:



"Not all who wander are lost." - JRR Tolkien

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We pray the PET test will come back good. I still have your blog on my desktop so I can check on you frequently, Troy.

Please pray for Joylean, one of our church members. They found cancer in one lung about 6 months ago and removed the tumor. Now she has it in the other lung, in her bladder & in her bones. She is in terrible pain all the time. She is a very sweet person.

Praying for you, Troy and Deana

Carolyn & Gordon Roy

boat_hippie said...

Love the pics and the article and I love you two too.