Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Change of Plans

Troy had blood work done this morning and an appointment with Dr. Jac. We thought he would get the go ahead to be checked into the hospital tomorrow morning, but his white blood count was too low so Dr. Jac decided to stop all chemo, including the infusion pump for the next week. This wasn't totally unexpected, we had been prepared for this to happen, but we have mixed feelings about it all. We weren't looking forward to the hospital stay and the chemo that we know will make him sick for the next week, but we want to get this all over with and behind us and this will delay that. I think the plan is to stop the chemo just long enough for Troy to start feeling better and get his blood count up - build him up and knock him back down.

We are also disappointed because we are scheduled to lead a cruise for the TMCA on August 18th and if Troy has the chemo next week I doubt that he will be up to cruising across the bay. We had been looking forward to this cruise all year long. We will just have to wait and see what happens next week.

One thing we are beginning to realize is that this is no year to make plans. It seems like every time we plan something those plans are shot down. We are definitely looking forward to brighter days ahead.

"The cabin of a small yacht is truly a wonderful thing; not only will it shelter you from a tempest, but from the other troubles in life, it is a safe retreat."
-L. Francist Herreshoff

No comments: