Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rockport


We spent Tuesday in Rockport with plans to make it all the way to Matagorda on Wednesday. We would pass up Port O'Connor because a front was scheduled to come in late Wednesday and we wanted to make is across Matagorda Bay ahead of the front. Rockport is a neat little town with more art galleries per capita and less restaurants per capita than I have ever seen in one city. We visited the Maritime Muesum there and Troy and I walked around taking pictures of the many beautiful birds.


Storefront in Rockport
Topaz from the lookout bridge at the Maritime Museum. I know - there's an aquarium there. I was really excited to see it, but it was closed that day.









I know - it's not a bird but I took the picture anyway!

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice vertical pics! Sounds like ya'll are having a blast!