Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Double Bayou Weekend

We got a chance to sail to our favorite destination Saturday morning. Our friend Joe went with us and we left really early. It was a pretty rough ride over as the bay was very choppy that morning. I was really glad to get there and get tied up to the dock!

We had a wonderful weekend we were also joined by a couple of other TMCA boats - Ed and Marion Herndon on s/v Remedy and Kent and Joellen Davis on s/v Charisma, plus several other "Channel Marker Regular Boats". We took a short dinghy ride up the bayou on Saturday. After the leisurely ride Ed challenged me to a dinghy race - of course I accepted. We dropped off our passengers and headed back up the bayou to find a suitable racing spot. After I beat him soundly twice in a row his motor died - then I had to tow him back home. Sorry Ed - I just had to tell the story!

Sunday morning was beautiful. Low humidity, blue skies. We couldn't ask for a better day. It almost makes me look forward to fall (I will miss summer though). Ernestine cooked us a fabulous Channel Marker Breakfast and we headed out for a motor sail home.

Troy is feeling OK these days, but he still battles nausea and he can't wait to get some of his energy and stamina back, but we can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel. His last day of chemo is Thursday!!!!

Here's a great shot of s/v Remedy on the way back across Trinity Bay:

Who is staring at the sea is already sailing a little. ~Paul Carvel

No comments: