Friday, September 7, 2007

We've Been Released!

We're back home to Different Drummer. Troy was released from the hospital at about 2:00 today. He had his last round of epirubin and cisplatin (the "bad" chemos) and has two more weeks of the 5FU (the "not so bad" chemo). Hopefully after that he will be able to concentrate on feeling better and getting stronger. Needless to say - we are both thrilled to have this part of the treatment behind us.

We got home this afternoon and immediately had to take the boat over to the pump out station because our holding tank was full. Troy felt well enough to get that done even though we had to battle a brisk wind getting the boat back into the slip. He's quite the captain though and of course he handled the boat beautifully. I can't begin to put down in words how impressed I have been with him through this whole ordeal (and I don't mean the pump out). He has been so strong and so positive and such an inspiration to me. I am so fortunate to be married to such a wonderful man.

Troy is feeling OK considering. He has moments of feeling nauseous and he has no appetite right now. It will take him about a week to a week and a half to get enough of the bad chemo out of his system so that he can start feeling better most of the time.

This should be a beautiful weekend and we plan to do our best to enjoy it!!!!!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you" declares the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11-14 NIV

No comments: