Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Is It Friday Yet?

Well a little good news for a change, Troy went two days without pain medication! Still, every time I think he is doing better he will start to feel bad again. His scars are healing nicely, but he still has quite a bit of pain. Most of his problems now seem to be fatigue and nausea. It's good to see a little bit of improvement. We'll take what we can get.

He has appointments with the oncologist and surgeon on Monday. We are hoping that the surgeon will remove the feeding tube. It would be wonderful to get rid of that one last tube! We think we will also find out if the oncologist wants to have Troy undergo one more round of chemo. It depends on what all the doctors on the Tumor Board decide. We really dread the thought of more chemo, but whatever it takes to make sure the cancer doesn't come back.

We have big plans this weekend. My oldest daughter, Shawn is getting married, just a simple ceremony at a park. We will be gaining a son in law, Josh. We are happy for both of them. We are also planning a big weekend at the boat. Saturday night is a Gulf Coast Cruiser's Party for Latitudes and Attitudes (a sailing/cruising magazine that we love to read) and we are moving our boat over to the marina where the party is taking place. We have our friends Robert and Carolyn coming to spend the weekend with us. I sure hope Troy will feel well enough to enjoy some of the activities. At least if he feels bad he will be able to rest on the boat.

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss

1 comment:

Carolyn A Whatley said...

Hi Troy & Deana, Finally I am able to post a comment - my filter had been blocking me from your site. We continue our prayers for you & so does our church, that God will bring complete healing & keep the cancer away. We love you both.
Uncle Gordon Roy & Aunt Carolyn