Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Weekend!

It's been an uneventful weekend. We stayed on the boat all weekend and Troy rested and worked on feeling better. I managed to install our brand new macerator pump. (We are back to flushing - that's a relief!) Troy spent most of the days resting. He seems to be making some progress. His voice is getting better everyday, but he still has coughing spells every now and then and it's not only painful, it affects his voice too. He's also having a little bit of difficulty eating. Sometimes he feels really sick after eating and unfortunately the feeling lasts for quite a while. We knew to expect this, but knowing about something doesn't necessarily make it easier to deal with.

I've been a little discouraged lately because it's hard to see if he's making any real progress. Fortunately all our friends here say that he is looking so much better than he was last weekend. I guess it's difficult to see the day by day progress, but it's good to have a different perspective from people who haven't seen him in a week.

We had a great dock party on Saturday night, lots of good friends and good fun, unfortunately Troy missed most of if. He just didn't feel well enough to participate. I can't wait to get my Troy back. I miss him alot!

I had to make a change to the "About Us" section of the blog. I was reading it this afternoon and I realized that I needed to change the part about Troy battling esophageal cancer. The truth now is that he is an esophageal cancer survivor! Of course, he's been a survivor of esophageal cancer since the very day that tumor started to grow. The good news now is the cancer is gone from his body. I praise the Lord for those answered prayers.

There are chapters in every life which are seldom read and certainly not aloud. ~Carol Shields

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello from West Texas!!
Way to go Deana!! Glad you are back to flushing.
I hope this will be a week of Troy feeling much better, and getting some strength back.
How wonderful it is that you were able to change your "about us"
Along with you, I praise God that Troy is a cancer survivor!! What a testimony he has to share!!
Lots of love to each of you, Esther