Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Weekend's Over :(

We spent the weekend at our boat. I think it was good for Troy to get out of the house and to spend some time at the boat. He mostly napped and read books, but I do believe that being on the water and on the boat did him some good. It was good to visit with our friends - we miss y'all!

We are both discouraged by the amount of time the healing process is taking. We are impatient for him not to feel pain with every movement. His voice is still really raspy and it's difficult for him to talk too much. Sometimes when he talks it brings on a coughing spell and that spells agony for him.

I have to brag on myself a little. Last time we were on the boat we were just getting ready to leave and the macerator pump quit working. For all the landlubbers reading this post, that means no more flushing. Of course it's really important that everything you put in the head (toilet) goes away quickly - for obvious reasons. Well - Troy is definitely the "fix it" guy in our family. He can fix anything so I rarely need to worry myself with this kind of problem. Anyway, at the moment he can't even bend over, much less squat down into the small space behind the head and remove the broken pump. I managed to get the old pump off without too much trouble. I used tools and everything! It was a messy job, but somebody had to do it. Only problem was that we couldn't find a replacement pump at the boat supply store. I am ordering one online and looking forward to completing the project. If, that is, you can really look forward to working on a toilet!

By the way - when I checked the blog this afternoon we had 1,111 hits! That's cool! Thanks everyone - for your thoughts and prayers.

We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers. 1 Thessalonians 1:2

No comments: